About the conference:
The International conference on Market Research in the Mobile World 2010 (Twitter hashtag ) will be held on the 2 & 3 December 2010 in Berlin. The aim of this conference is to bring together market researchers and practitioners to discuss key challenges and opportunities of using mobile data collection tools to enhance and add value to market research.
Conference format & Internet:
The conference format will consist of submitted (reviewed) presentations, invited speeches as well as interactive discussion sessions. As with past events, this conference will provide excellent opportunities for participants to network with peers. For this conference, we have specially arranged for free wireless internet usage for all delegates in the conference room.
Call for Abstracts/Presentations:Market researchers and practitioners are encouraged to submit their presentation abstracts including but not limited to the topics of interests listed below:
- Going beyond data collection: offering richer insights, easy access, convenience and flexibility
- How to integrate mobile research into traditional research paradigms?
- Assessing the implications of mobile data collection on research design
- What are the pros and cons of conducting mobile research using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Collecting geo-location (GPS) data using mobile devices: applications and issues
- What are the ethics and validity issues with regards to conducting market research with mobile devices?
- The issue of context: how to compensate the loss of environmental information while conducting mobile research?
- Understanding when to use mobile over traditional data collection methods
- Evaluating the type of research most suitable for capturing spontaneous and immediate responses
- Developing a natural way to convey information about specific situations using mobile research
- Gaining broad and deep ethnographic insights of consumers using mobile methods
- Dealing with target groups that are less familiar with mobile devices: how to bring them closer?
- Dealing with mobile users' acceptance of mobile research: what are the effective incentives?
- Integrating social media marketing and mobile research: what are the tools and techniques?
- Convincing clients that mobile research is the future: how to 'sell' mobile research to customers?
- Developing super-fast analysis methods for analysing real-time data generated by mobile users
- Mobile data overload: how to analyse large amount of mobile data (e.g. pictures, videos) efficiently and effectively?
- Choosing the right online platforms for mobile research: what are the implications for research methodology?
- What are the challenges in building mobile and dual-mode online panels?
- Developing software applications for collecting data from mobile devices e.g. smartphones, tablet pcs (Ipads) etc.
- What are the legal constraints and limitations on the use of mobile collection methods?
- 30 June 2010: Abstracts only (for all types of contributions)
- 25 August 2010: Acceptance notification, registration and payment
- 1 November 2010: Final Submissions (including papers & presentation slides)
*Please note that this is a single-stream conference, which means that speaker slots are limited. We encourage you to send in your presentation abstracts as soon as possible.
To ensure that the content of the conference is relevant to our delegates, members from the programme committee and advisory board members will evaluate abstracts and provide suggestions to authors for improvement of the final presentation.